This week’s fun and stylish products are from one of my all-time favorite stores – IKEA! I seriously can’t explain the sensations that wash over me whenever I step foot into an IKEA store.
The closest example I can imagine is it’s probably whatever Augustus Gloop felt when he first entered Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory – but without the sugar high and chocolate mustache …
THERE’S MORE TO IKEA THAN SWEDISH
MEATBALLS AND HELLISH CHECKOUT LINES
One of the first purchases The Hubs and I made at IKEA was about 15 years ago – two white slipcovered Tullsta armchairs – that we still have today!
I can tell you that I have machine-washed the slipcovers a ridiculous number of times over the years and they STILL look brand new. Not so much as a loose thread or tear or anything after all the washes. The cushions are like new – they’re as firm as when we first brought the chairs home.
SPENDING A SHIT-TON OF MONEY ON
FURNITURE DOESN’T GUARANTEE IT WON’T BE SHIT
At our previous house (a sweet, vintage beach house), we had an Arhaus sectional which, thankfully, we found during a huge sale or there’s no way in hell I would have bought it.
Anyway, the first time I washed the slipcovers, they fell apart! And I was BEYOND pissed that Arhaus wasn’t backing their product even though we’d only had the sofa a few months. The care tags on the slipcovers read that they are machine washable in cold water, gentle cycle, which is exactly what I did.
So my point is, just because you spend a lot of money on a piece of furniture, it doesn’t mean it can’t turn out to be a big piece of junk. And many of the retailers won’t take the furniture back or they have super shitty warranties for their super shitty products.
IKEA backs the majority of its products with a 10-year limited warranty and they give you 365 days to return any product, no questions asked. I don’t know of any high-end retailers that come close to offering either of these benefits to their customers.
But hopefully, you will never ever need to return something to IKEA because the returns department is pretty much the closest thing to experiencing the 7th Circle of Hell.
Anyway, come check out my super stylish IKEA finds!
1. Area Rug | 2. Tripod Lamp | 3. Armchair | 4. Coffee Set | 5. Pendant Light | 6. Bowl Set
7. Wood Bird Decor | 8. Fringe Pillow | 9. Black Planter | 10. Fabric Sofa | 11. Alarm Clock
12. Rattan Chair | 13. Tall Bamboo Vase | 14. Dining Chair | 15. Pouf | 16. Aqua Planter
17. Serving Cart | 18. Rattan Dining Chair | 19. Vase | 20. Porcelain Bowls
21. Wood Bed Frame | 22. TV Media Unit | 23. Jute Area Rug
24. Area Rug | 25. Rattan Basket | 26. Brass Pendant Light | 28. Round Mirror | 29. Rattan Chair
30. Rattan Pendant Light | 31. Gold Filigree Bowl | 32. Striped Throw Blanket | 33. Chandelier
34. Fabric Sofa Sectional | 35. Wood Serving Tray | 36. Desk | 37. Ceiling Fan | 38. Office Chair
39. Area Rug | 40. Brass Flower Bowl | 41. Slipcovered Chair | 42. Faux Fiddle Leaf Fig
We have #36 (the desk) in The Hubs office and it’s really great quality. I ended up giving it a mini-makeover to give it a high-end look.
Thank you so much for following my blog and for letting me help you create your own lived-in, loved-in spaces!