I am CRAZY addicted to all things vinegar and avocado so I thought I’d apply that craziness towards concocting my own gluten-free/dairy-free/egg-free potato salad recipe.
I started throwing things into a blender and adjusting to taste and holy crap – this stuff is like summer magic in my mouth.
The dressing would be awesome over a green salad as well. Look at me, giving you a two-fer.
I seriously eat this stuff for breakfast, lunch, and dinner – that’s how freaking addictive it is. I’m not one to pat myself on the back, but this is one time I’m going to break my stupid rule. IT’S. THAT. DAMNED. GOOD.
NO gluten. NO dairy. NO soy. NO nuts. NO eggs. NO mayo. NO bullshit.
Michelle's Gluten Free • Dairy Free • Egg Free Highly-Addictive Avocado Vinegar Summer Potato Salad
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp spicy mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 ripe avocado diced
- 1 bunch green onion sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1 bunch celery chopped
- 5 lbs yellow potatoes cut into quarters (or smaller) - I keep the skin on mine
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- garlic salt to taste
- Boil the quartered potatoes until soft (usually about 10 minutes).
- Drain potatoes and set aside to cool.
- Put the sliced green onions, chopped red onion and celery into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Put the sea salt, honey, mustard, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, parsley and diced avocado into a blender to make the dressing. Blend for about 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Put the cooled potatoes in the large mixing bowl with the green onions, red onion and celery. Toss to mix.
- Pour the dressing into the large mixing bowl and toss to coat the potato salad thoroughly.
- Sprinkle garlic salt to taste.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Get your freak on and enjoy!